1. Which of the following words is least likely to be used in conjunction with spinal fusion?
B. Intramedullary rod
C. Pedicle screw
2. Which of the following could be included with an interbody fusion?
A. A device is placed into the vertebral body.
B. Bone graft material is placed into the disc space.
C. Hardware is placed into two or more vertebrae.
D. A cage or external fixator is placed around the affected vertebra after the disc is removed.
3. True or False: Cervical and lumbar spinal fusion may be anterior or posterior procedures.
4. Pseudoarthrosis refers to:
A. A condition that appears to be degenerative arthritis but is not.
B. A surgical procedure to fuse a joint, including a spinal joint.
C. A cystic lesion in the spinal facet joint.
D. Failure of a spinal fusion to heal.
5. Decompression of the spine could refer to:
A. Making more room for the spinal cord and nerve roots.
B. Repairing a compression fracture with kyphoplasty.
C. A laminectomy.
D. Performing an epidural and removal of cerebrospinal fluid.